Friday, August 21, 2009

Seamstress-ing

What do I do on my friday night? Hem pants! I bought the cutest pair of seersucker pants last summer, and have yet to wear them! One of the reasons I haven't worn them is because they are way too long, even to wear with heels. And since they are a summertime pant, I'd hate to have to wear heels; I'm more of a flat sandal kind-a girl! With Labor Day and the end of seersucker season quickly approaching, I needed to pull them out of my closet and get them fixed. So I made my first attempt at hemming, sans sewing machine.

First, I thought I'd just hand-sew them, old school style, with needle and thread.



Problem is, I'm not so good at sewing in a straight line. My mother would be ashamed. I suppose, based on my observations, one may assume that seamstress-ing is not genetic, or at least not autosomal dominant. So, I pulled out my lame excuse for a hem, rummaged around in my various sewing kits, and found some hem tape! Then I set to work, again! And this time, it worked!




So now I have a "perfectly" hemmed pair of seersucker pants that are ready to be worn! I think they'll be super cute for the office or for dinner out. I've just got to make sure to get plenty of wear in before September 7!



And PS--Betcha can't guess where I bought these super-cute seersucker pants....Wal-Mart! Can you believe it?!

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you had hem tape - I don't think I even have that! They're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you didn't get the seamstress gene, but thankfully you had the 'environmental' influence. That's one sweet hem in those cute pants!

    ReplyDelete