So I've mentioned before about the massive "board exam" that I'm taking on September 12. It's my national exam to become board certified in genetic counseling. And it is a doozy. Anything and everything that you can think of having to do with genetics can and will be on there. To say it's overwhelming would be an understatement. I am very lucky to have a classmate from grad-school who lives close by and who is also taking the boards this year. She has helped me stay on track with our little "study groups" and she also has a lot of insight and knowledge because she's a practicing genetic counselor working in a metabolic clinic. We both swear up and down that we're going to absolutely bomb this test. I hope with every ounce of my soul that that is not the case.
She came over tonight for a mini study group. We went through an old practice exam and figured out what all we don't know (which, unfortunately, seemed like a whole lot). Commence freaking out. Below is what my little study space looked like. Keep in mind this is after my friend left, so it doesn't really capture all the craziness and massive collection of presentations, notecards, and notepads that were spread across the couch, floor, chair and end table.

I am counting down the days...
No comments:
Post a Comment