Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sunny Saturday

Beau and I had a nice day today. First of all, the weather was perfect! We started the day at the Durham Farmer's Market where we bought some fresh flowers, some strawberries, and some blackberry muscadine wine, all from local folks. Then I had to work at Pier1 for a little bit. But afterwards, I went down to BestBuy and bought a new camera! I've been wanting (and kinda needing!) a new camera. My old FujiFilm is okay, but a bit outdated--only 4 megapixels and the LCD screen is fuzzy. So I took part of my tax refund check and, after a bit of research on consumer reports, picked out a Canon PowerShot SX110.

I've had a bit of time to play with it and I am loving it! The picture clarity is SO much better than my little Fuji and I love the Macro setting where you can take fab pictures super up-close. Check out these pics of Beau and the little bouquet I bought at the farmer's market.


Going to the farmer's market also got me in the mood to try and invoke a little green thumb. So I made a trip to Lowe's and picked out some green stuff! I bought a couple of ferns and a few little annuals. We'll see if we've inherited a green thumb from my dad or maternal g'ma! Here are some pics of my little "garden" on my little patio. I picked up a chair tonight, too. Can't wait for another sunshiney day to enjoy my new green space!


No comments:

Post a Comment