I find I always blog about my weekends...but they're usually the best thing going on! So again: another weekend blog!
Friday, Beau and I went home to see ma and super-step dad, who dog-sat while I went to Charlotte to see Ramseur Records night at the Visulite Theatre. Ramseur Records' label carries the Avett Brothers and a new fave, Bombadil. Friday night was a showcase of many of the bands on the label. It was a great show, listened to some amazing music and met some fun new people.
Saturday, we headed to the lake with the whole fam. It was a nice day, a bit breezy and it showered a little bit. But, somehow, the sun rocked me anyway--have a nice little burn on my chest and shoulders. Ouch. Then after the day at the lake, sister and I went back to Charlotte to see my friends Sol Driven Train (after my mom accused me of being a groupy)
Sunday, I went back to the lake, but it was a yucky day and kept raining. So we loaded up and Beau and I hit the road to Durham. We took old NC Hwys the whole way, which is a nice change-up from the I40/85 that we frequent and that I could probably drive with my eyes closed. We even passed through a little town called Ramseur which I thought was a little ironic considering the show on Friday (turns out, "Mr. Ramseur" of Ramseur Records is a descendant of Confederate General Stephen Ramseur, which the town was named after...man I love genealogy and Southern history!)
So Beau and I are back in Durham for the Memorial Day Holiday. I think I'm going to fix up a picnic of some awesome home-made chicken salad and take Beau to the Duke Gardens. Come join us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

missed the picnic in the park, but had some of that awesome chicken salad for lunch! Yummmmmmm!
ReplyDeleteenjoyed spending time at the lake on sat! you missed jack playing in the rain on sunday - he had as much fun as he did in the sunshine.
ReplyDelete