Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Uggs-ly

So I'm going to rant for a bit. I was looking through some friends' online photo album and noticed that a ton of the girls in the pics are wearing Ugg boots. I think Uggs are the stupidest fad to ever enter the world of teenage/twenty-somethings ever. I understand that they are super comfy. But I don't understand why girls think they are cute. And why they think they are cute with skinny jeans and dresses of all things. I'll admit, I think the whole skinny jeans and boots look is cute; and if my bottom and thighs didn't make me look like an overgrown pear I'd definitely be wearing the combo. But the boots that are cute with that look are cowboy boots and leather ones that scrunch down. Not Uggs that make your feet and calves look the size of Paul Bunyan's. Furthermore, I remember the whole "Ugg"fad coming into the States the summer I went to Australia (because a number of friends wanted me to get them a pair while I was there). So why has this fad come back around a mere 5 years later? I thought the law of fashion/fads is a 10+ year rotation schedule (like leggings and big sweaters from the 80s recently reappearing...).

Point is, Uggs are ugly. They are not a fashion forward statement. If you want to be a fashionada, put on a pair of black slingbacks...they're timeless and fabulous. 20 years from now when these silly girls look at their high school and college photo albums, they will want to kick themselves. And if they don't want to, they should.

I'm done, for now. But while I'm on the topic of 'things from Australia'...Beau got a new toy--a squeaky Platypus. It has replaced her squeaky bunny as her new favorite toy. I'll add some more puppy pics soon! Night y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...guess I better cancel that Zappo order for Uggs! You are a funny girl...'the wall'

    ReplyDelete