Sunday, June 20, 2010

Things since the last time

It's been a while! So let me catch you up!

1 -- I started my new job on Tuesday! I am still working at Duke, and still doing research on genetic risk information. But I've changed departments and the focus of my research. I'm now working with the IGSP at Duke and I'm studying genetic risk of Type 2 diabetes. I am LOVING my new position so far--and I'm confident that it will continue to be great!

2 -- Really, other than my new job, nothing much else out of the ordinary has happened. Still going to listen to live music, still exploring and meeting new folks around Raleigh and Durham, and still spending time with my baby dog, Beau!

3 -- Happy Father's Day to all you dads! I am a lucky girl and get to have 2 dads! Thanks to both of them, and all the rest of the 'dads' in my life!



My sister, dad, and I at the beach last summer

My super-step-dad and mom at the lake (and look how skinny my mama is! she's lost 30+ lbs!)

1 comment:

  1. You & your sister sure have BIG sunglasses & teeth! Y'all are soooo prudy. Your Mom isn't exactly skinny...those arms & tummy still need some work, but she does look much more better ;)

    ReplyDelete