Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer visits!

Last weekend, I had some visitors: my mom and superstepdad, and my Pa and Nina. Pa and Nina came up from Montgomery, stopped in Rockwell to pick up ma and Danny, and drove on up to Durham on Saturday.
We had a fantastic lunch at The Pit (the BEST barbeque place in the Triangle!) then toured around State's and Duke's campuses. Saturday evening, we had a drink at Tyler's Taproom at the American Tobacco campus and watched the end of the USA/Ghana soccer game before heading over to DBAP for a Durham Bulls game. The Bulls grabbed a win, and we had a great time. Sunday, we finished our tour of colleges with a quick drive through UNC, then had lunch at Southern Rail in Carrboro.

It was a really nice visit; because Pa and Nina are a few states away, we don't always get to see them as much as we'd all like. Luckily they enjoy roadtripping (unlike my mother who much prefers spending time in the Basement!)

Below is a picture of us after lunch at the Pit...thought they were going to have to roll us out of there!


The fun continues this weekend as Ms Rachel and my uncle Jody come up for a visit and to celebrate Ms Rachel's birthday. I think she's, like, 58 or something? I'll probably take them to the Pit too...I just can't get enough of that place! Too bad it's bikini season!

1 comment:

  1. You were a fabulous hostess and we had a wonderful time! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete