I attended the fab wedding of a couple who are friends from college. The wedding was beautiful, the reception was a lot of fun, and catching up with old friends was priceless. I will post pics soon!
I stayed with a bff, dubbed "Mama" as she was the fraternity sweetheart and took care of everyone. Mama K is getting married in November, and has been busy planning her own wedding. Like many brides, she is doing it on a shoestring budget. So she and I have chatted a bit about ways to cut costs and have a beautiful wedding that won't break the bank. There are a number of great websites and blogs that I've come across. Project Wedding had a "Budget Savy Bride" competition and shared the brides' stories on planning and excuting a fab wedding on a skinny dollar. It is so easy to hop on one of those website (TheKnot is another fave!) and before you know it, a few hours have passed, and you have a dream wedding planned!
So from these discussions with Mama K and the numerous weddings that I've attended recently, I've noted a few things. First, I actually have a few ideas about details and things I'd like at my wedding (too bad there's not a groom in place yet!), which I never thought I'd say. I'm just not the kind of girly girl that wedding already planned out. But I've decided one of my 'colors' will probably be green, I will not wear a strapless dress, and I will have Johnny Dollar Band play the reception. Secondly, I need to win the lottery to be able to pay for a wedding. And lastly, I've decided that it would be fun to be a wedding planner. Maybe if this genetic counseling thing doesn't work out, and maybe if I find that groom to back me, and maybe if I can move to Charleston (which is one of the most popular destination wedding locations), maybe I can make that happen! I think I have a great balance of detail-focused OCD and creativity to make it work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment