Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You know what else everybody likes? Parfaits!

"You know what else everybody likes? Parfaits. Have you ever met a person, you say 'Let's go get some parfait,' they say, 'Hell no, I don't like no parfait'? Parfaits are delicious."

--From "Shrek"




I was a cooker-girl tonight (phrase stolen from ma). I made squash casserole, with grilled chicken and some new potatoes. Unfortunately, the menu wasn't that colorful (ma would be so upset!) I needed some green beans or steamed carrots or something. Oh well, even if it wasn't pretty it tasted great!

After fixing and eating my fab dinner, I whipped up a little dessert. Not for tonight, though, but for my book club meeting tomorrow. We're discussing "Mirror Mirror" by Gregory Maguire and I'm in charge of snacks. Check out the pics of the finished project that I'm sure will be delicious!



It has strawberries, vanilla yogurt, blueberries and granola. I'm planning on serving it with some pound cake or angel food cake. Yum! Below is a picture of my sink mid preparation. I post this simply to show you that I am becoming my grandmother. Check out the trash bag in the sink. Apples don't fall far, even if they are a generation or two down the road!

I'm hoping the mega-parfait will turn out as great as my dinner did! Unfortunately, I didn't have my typical glass of sweet tea that I usually have when I'm a cooker girl, so I'm hoping that didn't hold me back. I did have a great soundtrack, though. Listened to a new fave band out of Greensboro, Holy Ghost Tent Revival. I saw them in Chapel Hill Friday night at the Local 506 and may go see them on Sunday in Greensboro barring the weather and how much studying I get done between now and then! Here's to a delicious parfait, studying success, and some fabulous weather!

1 comment: