As a Carolina Girl, I have no need for an ice/snow scraper. It rarely snows, and if it does everything shuts down so you don't need to scrape your car to go anywhere. Or, if there is that (itty bitty) chance that you need to run to BiLo because you forgot to get your milk and bread, you can bet there will be a nice Southern Gentleman in a big truck that can give you a ride, or who carries an ice scraper in his truck's well-stocked toolbox.
This morning, Beau and I woke to snow...again! I thought it was going to miss us from the radar pics last night, but it looks like we got a few inches. So, we've got to go into work because Duke never shuts down. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a Southern Gentleman in a timely manner to rescue me from the pile of snow on my car. And, as mentioned previously, I have no ice-scraper of my own. However, as a Southern Belle, what I do have is a well-stocked kitchen and an uncanny ability to improvise. Enter my spatula! Good not only for flipping burgers, pancakes, and omelets, but for flipping that pesky white stuff off my windshield too! I'm sure anyone watching me clean off my car was thinking "That is one crazy chick" or "That is one really smart chick." I guess either would work on any given day.
So, with the help of my handy spatula, Beau and I are headed to work. Y'all enjoy the snow and try to stay warm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment