I've been "sucked" into the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. It is actually a series intended for teens but (much like Harry Potter--another fave series) it is read by almost everyone. It is a story about a teenage girl falling in love with a vampire (Edward Cullen) and wanting to leave her boring mortal life to spend eternity with her love. If you ask me, though, I think she should pick the other guy she's in love with--who happens to be a werewolf (yes, werewolf, these books are crazy). Maybe she will by the time I'm finished with this last book....don't spoil it for me! Meyer's writing really draws you in and I've finished each of these 500+ page books in about 2 days each. So I should be finished with Breaking Dawn tomorrow or Wednesday.
Since I've been learning so much about vampire love, I've neglected my board studies a bit. But the good news (or bad news, depending on how you look at it) is that I'm on the last of the four books. So I can finish these up and get back to my boards.
At least until I find another good book to distract me. I attempted to blame my mother for my love of reading after spending over $100 at Barnes and Noble this past Christmas (granted, some of the books were gifts, but most were for me). Of course, she defaulted to my grandmother, blaming her for my interest in reading. I don't care who is to blame, I would just like some reimbursement for this addiction I've developed over the years. I guess a book addiction is better than an addiction to trashy TV...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment