It is an absolutely beautiful day in NC--71 and sunny! All day long! In February!
So I pulled up the blinds, opened the patio door, turned on the fans, and got busy with some much-needed cleaning! It seems like Beau has really helped me bump "messy" up a notch. And with my jobs and studying for boards, I haven't had much time to really get down and dirty with the vacuum (or the Swiffer, or the Scrubbing Bubbles for that matter...).
With the cleaning spree came the motivation to finish my "decorating." I've been in this apartment since September and I still had pictures leaned against the wall waiting to be hung. So I busted out my drill and set to hanging the last few pictures to finish up my dining nook (which is complete now that I've gotten a cute little cafe table from Pier1...love that employee discount!).
I know, you may find it a bit odd that a single twenty-something girly has her own drill. But I do. And you might find it even more odd that I actually asked for this drill for Christmas a few ears ago. But I did. And I have an entire little tool box with the basics--in pink (great gift from the g'ma!) I'm a fan of doing it yourself, and being self-sufficient. Its always nice for a big buff man to do tasks that involve drills and hammers, but I think you should be able to do it yourself, just incase said man isn't around when you need him.
I'll tell a quick story about my tools...in grad school, I had 2 great roommates (who I've mentioned before!). One of the roommates wasn't too down with the 'do-it-yourself' stuff' (like most ladies out there)--plus she has a dad that helps out with all the big buff man stuff. So J's dad was helping her load up all of her things when we were moving out of the apartment (sad day) and he needed a wrench or something and asked J to run to his truck to get it. Well, I just pulled out my little bag of tools and handed him my pink wrench and his jaw pretty much hit the floor. I don't know if he was more surprised that I had a tool box, or that my tools were pink. Either way, those little pink tools have paid for themselves!
So, now my apartment looks great--it is clean and decorated, and Beau and I are going to go for a walk to enjoy this sunshine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm coming to visit soon...I'll be expecting a 'home made' lunch on that cute little cafe table! I'm headed to the hammock with my new 'Real Simple' and enjoy the day 'above ground'...already took Jules for a walk. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI love my "Do-It-Herself" tool set! Very handy! Good job finishing the decorating...you must be on the "Smith Decorating Plan"...you know, move in and wait a few years to decide where you want things.
ReplyDelete