With 2009 slipping from our grasp, and 2010 getting ready to barrel us over, it's that time where everyone starts making New Year Resolutions. Like most people, I resolve to lose some weight, save some money, and have a happy and healthy 2010. But I'm adding a new one that I think will be pretty fun. I'm resolving to try a new bar/restaurant/music venue every few weeks.
I've been in Durham for over a year now, and still just have about 5 or 6 people that I hang out with. So I always hang out with the same people, doing the same thing, at the same old places. It's not that I don't love my 5 friends and the comfort of our old habits. But I'm young and feeling adventurous. And Lord knows I need to find a man. So my resolution will hopefully remedy our monotonous habits. And don't worry about me leaving behind those friends: I'm going to drag them along with me.
Today, I decided to get an early start on my resolution and went to The Federal for lunch. It's a little pub across Main St. from my office at Brightleaf, so I was able to bare the cold for the quick walk over. I had what I thought would be a standard grilled cheese and soup (perfect for the chilly day today). But, the grilled cheese was heavy on green stuff (cucumber, avocado, spinach) and I'm not sure if there was even cheese on there. It was good, just not what I expected. The potato soup was spot on. I could go back and have that for lunch again and again. So, I can check "The Federal" off my list of new places to try out. But I'm not going to completely remove it from the list just yet: I plan on going back one evening where I can enjoy one of their specialty beers or a nice PBR and maybe make some new friends.
If you have any recommendations for places in Raleigh/Durham that I should add to my New Year's Resolution "To Do" list, let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment