Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'm going Barefoot!



I love my TOMS shoes.  They are super cute, and because I bought a pair, a child less fortunate than I also got a pair of shoes.  Today, TOMS is sponsoring an event "One Day Without Shoes" to raise awareness on the impact a single pair of shoes can have on a child's life.  Luckily, today is a beautiful day in North Carolina and I don't mind walking barefoot at all....so far!  We'll see what I'm saying by the end of the day.

Realizing that not everyone can go barefoot all day because of work and other obligations, I challenge you just to do something routine without shoes.  Like, walk to the mailbox to get the mail...driveway doesn't feel too nice on bare feet, especially if it's a gravel drive!  But then think about how your mild discomfort compares to walking barefoot all the time without the benefit of a car, bus, or other transportation.  And think about how there's limited availability of medical care for these kids if they get a cut on their foot... That gravel drive isn't looking so bad now, is it?

So, kick off your shoes and join in.  And, if you're itching for a good reason to buy some new springtime shoes, go buy a pair of TOMS.  They're not for you, they're for the kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment