I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day and had the opportunity to spend time with the ones you love! I'm going to share my fun V-day but before doing so, I'm going to rant for a second.
*pull out my soapbox and climb on*
I am annoyed by people who refer to Valentine's Day as "S.A.D." aka "Singles Awareness Day." I have had years with a significant other with which to celebrate the day, and have had plenty of years where I have been single. Yet I don't think the actual "holiday" has varied among those years. When I was dating someone on Valentine's, it just meant I was just lucky enough to have one more person in my life with whom I could celebrate a day of love. I think V-day is what you make of it. And perhaps those who make themselves feel miserable because they are single on February 14 should wonder if maybe they're single because they're miserable the other 364 days of the year, too.
Although I didn't have a significant other to spend the day with, I am lucky enough to be surrounded by those that I love and who love me, too. I have an amazing family, great friends, and a fabulous dog. Furthermore, I have past relationships that I look upon fondly, and great hope for a wonderful relationship in the future. One's dating/marital "relationship status" shouldn't be significant: it's about all the wonderful people and relationships that have made you who you are and who you want to be in the future. And it's about how you value those individuals throughout the year, not just on Valentine's Day.
*pull out my soapbox and climb on*
I am annoyed by people who refer to Valentine's Day as "S.A.D." aka "Singles Awareness Day." I have had years with a significant other with which to celebrate the day, and have had plenty of years where I have been single. Yet I don't think the actual "holiday" has varied among those years. When I was dating someone on Valentine's, it just meant I was just lucky enough to have one more person in my life with whom I could celebrate a day of love. I think V-day is what you make of it. And perhaps those who make themselves feel miserable because they are single on February 14 should wonder if maybe they're single because they're miserable the other 364 days of the year, too.
Although I didn't have a significant other to spend the day with, I am lucky enough to be surrounded by those that I love and who love me, too. I have an amazing family, great friends, and a fabulous dog. Furthermore, I have past relationships that I look upon fondly, and great hope for a wonderful relationship in the future. One's dating/marital "relationship status" shouldn't be significant: it's about all the wonderful people and relationships that have made you who you are and who you want to be in the future. And it's about how you value those individuals throughout the year, not just on Valentine's Day.
K, I'm off my box....for now. On to my fabulous V-Day!
I treated myself to a pretty little Valentine's Day bouquet. And then I treated myself to a massage at the spa!
Best Valentine in the world! Beau got a new PINK sweater! So she could celebrate V-Day (and hopefully resolve some of her gender identity issues....)
Fun socks! Great deal from the $1 bin at Target!
I planned to do a little cleaning on Saturday but, I ended up moving furniture. I turned my "dining room" into a little reading nook because it gets the best light (and since I typically "dine" on the sofa....).

I want a massage! I would have been happy to be your Valentine by the way...
ReplyDelete