1 - NC weather this month has been CRAZY! I was running around in a short sleeve t-shirt last week, and now they're calling for 12 inches of snow! Mother Nature needs to get her act together!
2 - ACC basketball has been ridiculous this year. Although I find it amusing that UNC has been losing (especially after Roy harassed a fellow PC-alum), the disarray and the constant changing of ranks is nuts. I did get to go to the State/Clemson game the other weekend (I wore orange) and had a great time. I wish sometimes that I went to a large school so I can go to and get excited about athletics. The Blue Hose are an embarrassment this year.
3 - I have fallen in love with the Durham/Chapel Hill/Raleigh music scene. There are so many great little bands around here who are very talented and always put on great shows. It definitely makes my New Year resolution of checking out new bars/venues easier when there are great musicians performing. A few that I'm planning on seeing tomorrow night are Ryan Gustafson, Max Indian, and The Light Pines. They are all part of a large collection of musicians called The Drughorse Collective who play in multiple bands together. Their little group seems quite incestuous, but they're all great musicians who have a unique sound with each band. I love it. Check them out!
Hopefully I won't be so long in posting again. Y'all stay warm and don't forget to buy your bread and milk!

No comments:
Post a Comment